Saturday, January 2, 2010

An inagural post


One of the New Year's Resolutions that I set for myself was to start a blog about climbing, hiking and the natural beauty of God's creation. John Muir (the great conservationist and advocate for the national parks system) saw the abundance of God's grace and beauty for us in the natural world.

As a follower of Christ and attempting avid adventurer, my wife and I sought to place ourselves in the most beautiful of creations by recently moving to Fort Collins, Colorado, home of the foothills of the Colorado Rocky Mountains.

Most of these posts at least what I see in this blog will be of good hikes around the state of Colorado. However, some will be out of international and out of state. I've set some goals in 2010 to hike a new "14er" (14,000+ peak in Colorado) every other week during the spring, summer and fall of 2010. I am hoping to document these hikes, as well as many others for the dreaming adventurers .

I confess that my photographic abilities are not what they could be, but I will do my best to take some pictures of some of the natural beauty of God's creation in this blog. I also confess that grammar was never my all star subject so I apologize in advance for any English majors who may have pent up anger as a result of this! Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment